Use the language to your advantage! Express what you want, not what you don’t want. It sounds easy, but if you start to listen to the words people choose, you may find out that they very often use terms that are not supporting them. The following are examples of words and sayings you can add to your talk – and self talk:
* You get what you focus on, so focus on what you want.
* Procrastinate procrastination.
* Nothing can put me down unless I allow it.
* If it is to be – it is up to me.
* If you do what you have always done, you get what you have always got.
* Perception is projection.
* The only way to break an old habit is to start a new one.
* Postpone depression until next week.
* We don’t have failures, we have experiences.
* You are what you believe you are.
* Will this matter a year from now?
* I am responsible for my life.
* What is now proved was once impossible (Olympic records etc.)
* Stop using labels such as “bad’ or “good” if you want peace of mind.
* To be a hero, think heroic thoughts.
* We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.
* Winners live each day as if it is their last.
* I make it happen for me.
* I like myself.
You can check if you are using a language that supports you by writing down the negative words you are using. You can for example record yourself while you are talking on the phone.
The past is history,
The future is a myth,
But NOW is a gift,
Which is why we call it
Enjoy the NOW and the result of your wise words!